Clark County’s Composter Recycler program will offer a series of free online workshops focused on composting and living sustainably.
The eight-part series of workshops will teach participants how to reduce their impact on the environment through composting, green cleaning, recycling, food waste prevention and low waste living.
Here are the virtual workshops offered via Zoom this spring:
• Backyard composting: 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 12. Learn how to construct a compost pile and heat it up.
• Red worm composting: 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 19. Learn how to construct and maintain a worm bin that will turn kitchen trimmings into nutrient-rich fertilizer. Participants will be eligible to receive a worm bin, bedding and worms at no cost.
• Lasagna garden composting: 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, April 26. Learn how to grow, build and plant a raised-bed garden from easily obtainable urban waste. No tilling or turning required.
• Advanced composting techniques: 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 3. Learn how to compost using the bokashi method, trench composting and new technology systems.
• Green cleaning: 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 10. Learn how to make three versatile and environmentally friendly household cleaners. Participants will be eligible to receive a green cleaning kit at no cost.
• Recycling done right: 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 17. Learn how to be an expert recycler and understand why only certain items can go in recycling carts and glass bins.
• Prevent food waste in the first place: 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 24. Learn strategies for combating food waste, minimizing food spoilage and using food in the fridge.
• Low waste living: 7 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, May 31. Learn how to live a low waste lifestyle through tips and resources to refuse, repair, refurbish, reuse and donate.
Pre-registration for the workshops is required. To register, go online to clarkcountycomposts.org/classes-and-workshops/current-offerings. Recordings of previous workshops are available on the website as well.
For more information about the composter recycler programs, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here