President Trump is right, we definitely have a mental illness problem. So-called hunter/sportsmen who think they need a combat arsenal to satisfy their cowboy nature are mentally ill. Young white males born with a silver spoon and the idea they don’t have to fairly compete are mentally ill. Individuals and organizations that promote short term gain over long term harm reflect a form of mental illness. And politicians who take money and then put on blinders are mentally ill. But worst of all, those of us who think we’re sane and yet do nothing to stem the onslaught of greed and civil violence, are mentally ill. If we allow the mental illness of complacency to undermine our concept of democracy then we risk a slide towards the false security of a strongman police state and the eventual loss of personal freedom, incentive, and the creative diversity that such a state requires.
- Friday Night Lights: Hockinson falls for first time since 2016
- Tips are now in season at Battle Ground Burgerville
- Old Town welcomes a ‘Haute Madre’
- Kalama methanol plant report released
- Rehabbing with Sawyer Racanelli
- Carving like the Chinook
- Beware of self-service checkout scam
- RG Construction moves into Battle Ground’s Onsdorff House
- Wildcats mount 2nd-half comeback to defeat Spuds
- Raise your glass: Ridgefield Oktoberfest back for 5th year
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
- Tapani, Inc. settles in Clean Water Act lawsuit
- A day at the races
- Yacolt mine permit can move forward
- Herrera Beutler urges Inslee to recommit opposition to tolls
- Western Washington avoids wildfire smoke season
- Reps. Herrera Beutler, Ryan introduce legislation to combat chronic school absenteeism
- BGPS considers changes to sex ed curriculum
- Bat-killing disease confirmed for first time east of the Cascades
Question of the Week
Fort Vancouver Regional Library has a number of projects bringing new or expanded libraries to communities in the district. How often do you go to your local library?