Burnt trailer

Firefighters from Fire District 3 work together to put out a fire inside a trailer near First Street in downtown Battle Ground on Friday, Oct. 11.

A fire ravaged the inside of a trailer parked near 1st Street in downtown Battle Ground on Friday. 

Scott Floyd, a resident of the trailer, said he smelled smoke and opened up the door to the bathroom to discover a fire. Following this discovery, he grabbed the animals living with him and went outside. 

Battalion Chief Sean Smith said the probable cause of the fire was a propane heater that was placed too close to a wall in the trailer. The heater was hooked to a propane tank outside the trailer prior to its combustion. 

Floyd said it was his last day of being in the trailer on the property as he was helping the property owner clean up debris. 

No people or animals were injured. 

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.